Friday, March 6, 2009

Portrait of an artist

This post is inspired by Monica ( http://hedgehogcomms.blogspot.com)who wrote about her son's artwork.

Sean has always loved to draw. Don't know where he gets it from as both TH and I are artistically challenged. He started off with the usual finger painting, progressed to Picasso like works and now he tries to tell stories with his little scribbles. He is fascinated with the whole process and will stand quietly and watch while a person sketches or paints.

I have a box of his drawings which I plan to keep and give it to him when he is older. Many of his drawings come with little "I love you" notes. When he is a surly, rebellious teen, I will fish these notes out and remind me of this time in his life when he was sweet and not shy to tell his mum that he loved her.




His first 'family' painting. Includes all our pets, even those that died. His 'girlfriend' Po somehow made it into
the picture too.


One of his many notes: It reads " I love you mam and dad bcos you ar snis to me"
Don't know what the bird is supposed to signify


He started drawing really small figures (some with details) to tell a story. Can't remember what this one was about.

4 comments:

petite fleur said...

In the family picture, everybody look like angels. I know what you mean about being artistically challenged, unlike Lilian....I can't draw to save my life.

monlim said...

I really like the first one! The figures are so unique, like the kind you would see in a computer game graphic. And it's sweet he'll write "I love you" - yes, must keep as proof when he's older!

Lilian said...

So cute his drawings! I love the little heart-shaped kites (I think they're kites, could be candies).

The bird looks good too. Sean comes across as a very loving boy from his drawings :) Very sweet.

eunice said...

Siu Mei:I did wonder why he drew our family as angels. Am surprised I wasn't portrayed as the evil witch :)

Monica: Will definitely keep it. Don;t know how much time I still have when he'll still say 'I love you' and not 'leave me alone'.

Lilian: Thanks. He can be a sweetheart when he wants to :)