Friday, November 28, 2008

In the mean time...

The weather has turned to BKK's version of winter ie beautiful sunny days with a cool breeze and chilly nights. With the change in weather, we get strange viruses running amok and felling everyone in its path. Sean was down with fever and cough, then just as he's getting better, TH and I start sneezing and hacking our lungs out.

I've just started to feel semi- human again. It's going to be a very busy 2 weeks as school term is going to end (yay!) and there are loads of activities going on in school. As part of the parent association in school, we get involved.

On top of that, it is the time of the year where many expats leave. So, it means rounds of farewell lunches and good-byes (sob).

Finally, the current political situation has not affected those of us who are not travelling. Life goes on as normal. I do have friends who are stuck and can't come back. Some of them are even thinking of flying to Singapore and driving back to Thailand! I hope that things get settled soon but am not too optimistic.

3 comments:

monlim said...

I'm glad you're not affected by the BKK airport issue. It's so awful how an incident like this can be so detrimental to tourism, at a time when the country needs the boost most. And the Mumbai attacks too, makes me wish travelling was like it used to be.

david santos said...

Excellent work!
Have a nice weekend!

eunice said...

I know what you mean. I was really sadden when I heard about the Mumbai attacks. Why don't people realise that violence will not solve anything?

As for the situation here, all I can say is they are just shooting themselves in the foot. The world economy is so bad, by doing this they are killing one of the main money earners for the country ie tourism. Already they are reporting that 1 mil Thais will lose their jobs next year cos of loss of tourism.