Monday, December 8, 2008

Of things unexplained


The ring was completely round the sun!


I don't know how many of you saw the 'smiling' moon that was in the sky last week. I missed it and only read about it in the papers. But here is something unusual that I did see a while back.

I was in Chatujak market when I realised that many people had stopped and were staring at the sky. I looked up and saw this. I know I am a movie addict when the first thought that popped into my mind was 'Independence Day'. Remember the scene when all the people were on the building waiting for the space ship and were blown to smittereens because they were standing and waiting? Well....let's just say that I snapped a quick pic and got out of there, FAST!

I found out later that such incidences occur when ice crystals have formed round in the clouds. There goes my 'X-files' theory!

3 comments:

monlim said...

Hey, that's a great photo! I thot you downloaded it from somewhere until I read your post. Good job!!

eunice said...

Thanks. Did you see it?

monlim said...

nope, clueless when it comes to this sort of thing!