Saturday, December 27, 2008

Good bye ....and hello

It's that time of the year again. The year-end feeling I always get that hits me after Christmas. I feel a little bit pensive and sad that yet another year has ended. At the same time, I am filled with anticipation as to what the new year will bring.

Ever since Sean was born, every new year takes him one more step away from the innocence of childhood and one more step towards being an adult. I am ambivalent about it as on the one hand I selfishly don't want to lose my 'baby' but on the other, am looking forward to the man he'll become.

Even though I have stopped working for many years, I take stock about when I have achieved and what I would like to do in the upcoming year. I realise that when I was working, my goals were all monetary or work related. Nowadays, my aims are more about how I can improving myself or my family's life (may be have been watching too much Oprah).

As the world us changes, I reflect on what has happened in the year. I realise that I am living through history and one day my great-great-great-great grandchildren will be learning about events that happened during my lifetime.

Finally, I always look back on my life in the past year and am grateful for my family and friends who have helped create all these memories (happy, sad or otherwise) during the year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MAY THE NEXT YEAR BRING YOU LOVE, PEACE AND HEALTH!

No comments: