Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Up, up and away...








Nowadays, I realise that many children do not do the things that I did when I was a child (all those years ago!). With so many mechanical and/or electronic things on hand, children like Sean have missed out on some of the simple pleasures of childhood.

Recently, we introduced him to kite flying. Yes, I know it's a simple thing but living in a major concrete jungle with very little open space, it's not something that we can do everyday. TH was trying to explain to him how he used to grind glass and coat the kite string with it before 'fighting' with, and cutting other kites. My practical son commented:"you are wasting money when you kite gets cut and flies away."

I thought it was also a good 'daddy and me' time for the both of them. Most days, Sean is asleep by the time TH comes home. I don't want to be doing everything with Sean and not leave anything that TH can do with him. I thoroughly enjoyed watching my husband re-live his childhood and my son discover a new experience. Both of them had a blast!

2 comments:

monlim said...

That looks great! You said it, our kids these days miss out on the simple but fun things. Like just going outside to play without complaining about the heat :P

Recently Andre learned how to cycle and he just enjoys riding around our estate. Much better than being stuck at home playing computer games, I think!

eunice said...

Can you believe that when Sean's friends come over, I have to tell them go out and play for 15 mins and they stop on the dot cos it's hot!!! Aiyo!