Monday, October 13, 2008

Balloons, balloons everywhere



Last weekend at yet another mall, we ventured into a wonderful, colourful land of..balloons! As it is the Thai school holidays, many malls have activities geared towards entertaining the children (so as not to drive their parents mad after 50 long days of no school).

Last weekend, at Central World (a huge mall with Isetan and loads of other brand name shops, plus lots of places to eat) they had a balloon festival. Part of the mall was turned into a 'jungle'. I am not too keen on balloons, hate it when it pops (yes, I know it's wimpy). Surprisingly there were no pops to be heard when we were there. It could be that the music drowned whatever sounds the balloons were making.

I think it's meant to be Horton (from the Dr Seuss book)









I thought these 3 guys were so sporting. Not fun dressed in balloons right down to balloon 'shoes'!

2 comments:

monlim said...

Wah! How come the malls there have so many fun things?? I can't believe the characters are all made from balloons, they look like lego!

eunice said...

I know. I love the malls here and they are so creative in the things they do. One of fav malls is Esplanade and there is an ice skating rink upstairs and a skate boarding rink down stairs.